Saturday, March 24, 2012

Maybury

 Maybury State Park. Once known as Maybury Sanitorium from 1921 to 1969
 These historical marker are all over the place since virtually all buildings and traces of the sanatorium are now gone.
 Garter snakes were EVERYWHERE

Patients here were mostly treated for tuberculosis
This was once a sidewalk 
 Approaching the highest point in Wayne County. Around 990 feet above sea level.
I wonder who did this?
Crackers taste so much better from the ground
The center of Section 6 Northville Township
Can I get a witness?
"Checkers"
The guy riding him paused his cell phone conversation to let Mateo pet him
This guy was very friendly
"I still don't feel so good"
We brought this tiny little guy home. Apparently Garter Snakes do in fact produce a very mild neurotoxic venom but they lack an effective means of delivering it since their teeth are in the back of their mouth. 

No comments: