Friday, January 20, 2017

Staying caught up!

On December 30 Maria and Isabel and I met friends we haven't seen in a long time for lunch and checked out a genuine "cat cafe" in Ann Arbor. Of course we didn't get any pictures, but below are some from later in the day when Grandma Rose and Grandpa Bob came to visit to celebrate the birthday girl on her actual day!


 The new couches below.
 On the 31st we celebrated Nadine and Mazie's baptism at Saint Mary Magdalene. 
Maria and Carmen were the godmothers.



 We got two separate visits from Aunt Elisa with the cousins. Photos here are of his cousin Alex's family who came after the new year.

 Liliana, Isabel, Jack, Maggie, Patrick, Mikey, Teo, Carmen, Paulina & Peter (Maria was babysitting)
 One day we woke up to a ton of snow. It was set to be rainy and warm later in the day so since I had to go in late not feeling comfortable driving my rear wheel drive on the roads, I made the most of it and took Paulina out to enjoy the snow! This was all gone by the time I got home from work.
 A remnant from the Ice Fest in Plymouth. We didn't go but caught some after. This is a family from school's family business so I snapped a pic.
 Paulina had a cold so she wasn't in the best spirits even though she was begging to be outside. 
She didn't last long on the ice throne.
 Last weekend I decided I had to get the boys out of the house (and I needed a walk too) so I bribed them with the promise of McDonalds if they went on a hike with me.



 I couldn't keep them on the path (and wouldn't try) and they were out far longer than I expected.

 They did this about 10x.
 They did not want to leave this iced area. It's not exactly a pond so they were trying to see how far out they could go without the ice cracking, since the only fear was freezing cold shoes, I let them. 
I had to tear them away...especially Mikey.




 The payoff!
 Later that day, Mike and went out for date night. Confession at Shrine and dinner at Shields. 
We ate at 3:45pm. LOL
 Rosie makes herself comfortable on our worn out girl. Homework, homework, homework.

No comments: