Saturday, September 30, 2017

#PLEDGETHEPINK 2017

Last year Maeve invited Erin and I to do a 3-day, 30-mile walk on 3 islands in South Carolina. I went and it was a blast! I actually took a whole week off work. This year she invited us again and though Erin couldn't make it, her same friends did plus mom, dad and her college roommate and sister and another girl brought her mom and sister as well! It was a bit of a whirlwind arriving late Thursday night and then walking 3 full days and then flying home crack of dawn Monday but still a great weekend! I'm lucky Mike lets me take me-time like this quite often (though usually it involves a kid and I guess it did too this time what with Ocho and all...LOL)




Dafuskie Island is Day One


My goals going into the weekend 24 weeks pregnant were to make it at least 14 miles over the whole weekend. Hopefully at least 7 the first day and at least 5 miles the next. 
Day One I made it the whole 10 miles!





Mimosa Toast!


Day Two is Callawassie Island and was the roughest on me last year (very hot and humid and I had mega blisters from wearing bad socks). After going 10 miles the first day, I wanted to make it to 7. Again, I was able to manage all 10!




I raised just under $400 this year. Not quite as great as last year's $1k but my fundraising flamingos are part of this World Record Breaking flock :)
Day Three is Hilton Head and instead of waiting until 9am we started at 6:30am - much better for walking in South Carolina if you ask me! The girls took the cars in to start, but since the route went right by our VRBO, I walked out with mom/dad around Mile 3 and decided to walk from there to make it 6.2 so I could say I walked a marathon for the weekend. I didn't want to over-do it, but in retrospect, I think I totally could have done the whole 10 miles again. 
But at least this way I got to walk with my dad :)









We went back to the same tattoo place with the same artist and Maeve got another tattoo. It is a really cool outline of the state of Michigan with a HEART where Drummond Island is since that's where they got married. For our final dinner together we stopped at One Hot Mama's - YUMMY!

No comments: