Mommy took the girls (and Peter) to this show today. It was at Joe Louis Arena and it was great. We got there and parked with no problem, mapquest led me around the construction (yay! for not getting lost) and when we arrived to sit in the nosebleed seats, we found a man giving away tickets for better seats since they were nowhere near sold out and we ended up in Row 4, seats 1-4. The birthday girl had an unimpeded view of the Rockettes and a big old bag of green cotton candy - does life get better?!?!?
The living nativity had real camels, sheep and a donkey. They shot off real fireworks and confetti into the audience. They had ice skaters skating on real ice. And the dancers were phenomenal. It's only in Detroit this weekend. Too bad b/c I'd recommend it to everyone. It was really neat.
I could have cried, Peter was angelic and the girls all enjoyed the show. It was a lovely, lovely experience and I'm so glad we went (I was really waffling on buying tickets knowing I could only afford the far away seats and not knowing if the girls would like it being so far away). God is good.Happy Birthday you six-year-old delight!
No comments:
Post a Comment